MY USEFUL LINKS: of friends, institutions, webpages of interest
- Saving the frogs before it is too late!! Comments on the recently published paper on PLoS Biology.
- Frogs’ renaissance man is here!! Some updates on the activities of the ACSAM Initiative!
- WWF ITALIA The site of WWF Italia and the list of the persons constituting the Scientific Committee (and I am one of them!!)
- DURRELL: The site of the Durrell Wildlife Preservation Trust, one of the major NGOs in the World working with endangered species!!
- Amphibiaweb An interesting site about the amphibians all over the world, with updated information and many photographs, taken from CalPhotos .
- The Sahonagasy.org website The site for the Sahonagasy Action Plan and the ACSAM Initiative, the on-going project for the conservation of Malagasy amphibians.
- The Global Amphibian Assessment Page dedicated to the conservation of the amphibians worldwide, with data on the causes of decline and updated status of all the species.
- CITES The official page of the Convention of Washington, with information on the trade, laws, and many photographs.
- The Living Rainforest The official page of the Living Rainforest, a society and greenhouse in the UK, full of initiatives and devoted to environment and conservation
- Societas Herpetologica Italica The official webpage of the Italian Herpetological Society, its activities and publications.
- Conservation International The well known NGO devoted to biodiversity conservation and to its projects of study and research
- Gondwana Conservation and Research : An NGO with the goals of fostering conservation and research on the threatened tropical fauna, mainly in Madagascar.
- Museo Regionale di Scienze Naturali di Torino : The Natural History Museum in Turin, with its main activities and exhibits.
- The Madagascar Fauna Group: An international consortium of zoos and related institutions working to conserve Madagascar’s lemurs and other spectacular wildlife.
- Blue Chameleon Ventures: A site devoted to photographic tours mainly in Madagascar, led by Bill Love.
- ARKive: The site of the threatened fauna and its photographs.
- IUCN SSC Amphibian Red List Authority: the site created as a repository of resources for the Amphibian RLA membership
- ASSOCIAZIONE ITALIANI MADAGASCAR AIM: the site of the Italians in Madagascar